C O S H ! C O N S C I O U S S H O P P I N G M A D E E A S Y
Thanks to this brand new (and completely free) Conscious Shopping platform COSH!, shoppers can find their way to sustainable and ecological brands in an uncomplicated way. The startup informs the COSH! tool user about the sustainability characteristics of clothing brands, in a transparent way. In just a few clicks, a tailor-made and fair shopping route - with route map - is created focusing on various styles and within everyone's budget. Sustainable shopping has never been easier!
C O S H! E N C O U R A G E S L O C A L S H O P P I N G
Online shopping is booming, but it' s not always sustainable. COSH! wants to encourage consumers to shop more offline and is consciously looking for local retailers and brands that want to join the platform.
The dialogue that is created with local entrepreneurs concerning the production process, for example, will make consumers more aware and will therefore encourage them to make more sustainable purchases.
COSH! is active in Antwerp, Louvain, Mechelen, Ghent, Aalst and Mortsel where currently a total of 46 shops and almost 100 brands are connected. It is COSH!'s ambition to grow towards 100 retailers in Belgium and the Netherlands and to expand to other countries in the long term. COSH! wants to offer all aspects of sustainability in the clothing and textile sector on the platform and will also focus on second-hand retailers as from 2020.
Update 27 September: 31 stores
Update 20 November: 46 stores
Update 30 December: 55 stores
R E A D Y S E T C O S H !
1. Go to COSH! Indicate what you are looking for and within what budget. Vegan? Fair Trade? Local? Socks or jeans? Everything is covered.
2. COSH provides a handy overview of the shops that match your budget and style. With one click you' ll find all relevant information about the ethical and ecological efforts made by a brand.
3. Both on the overview and per brand COSH! will show you on a map where you can get these sustainable brands.
4. On this map you can also add a shop to your personal shopping trip. Simply click to read more about the shops before adding them to your personal list.
5. Ready with the pre-selection? You can see your personalized shopping route on your smartphone in no time. Or you can prepare the route at home in advance on your laptop and then log in to your mobile phone to follow your shopping route via Google Maps. If you want to print your route, take it with you during your shopping trip. Enjoy sustainable shopping!
A B O U T C O S H!
COSH! is an initiative of Niki De Schryver, sustainable entrepreneur in every sense of the word. With this brand new tool she wants to help consumers with their search for sustainable, ethical clothing. COSH! is a user-friendly online platform that wants to encourage consumers to make conscious choices while physically shopping, without any effort.
We all wear clothes, every day. Our clothes are our second skin and part of our identity. But the fashion industry is one of the most polluting and inhumane industries in the world. Finding sustainable clothing isn't always easy. COSH! makes sustainable shopping easy.
COSH! is supported by Flanders Circular as well as by accelerator Start it @KBC, which supports innovative ideas and scalable business models, and the City of Antwerp's project fund. The official launch of COSH! took place on 6 and 7 September thanks to JJ House.
Update 21 September: 5000 Unique COSH! users in the first 15 days!
Update 30 December: 22000 people used COSH!
A B O U T A N T W E R P' S S U S T A I N A B L E C I T Y P R O J E C T F U N D !
Antwerp values sustainability highly. Every year, the city allocates a budget through the Sustainable City Project Fund to financially support sustainable innovative projects. COSH! is one of the promising projects that was able to convince the jury.
Note to editors, not to be published:
Are you interested in an interview with Niki De Schryver? For more information/requests, please contact us:
Niki de Schryver